It has been great to see the interest in the SE Topic. I have been collating thoughts on my next post which I hope to write over the weekend (and ideally be a bit shorter). I am debating whether to post on Sales Enablement Framework or Metrics – Measuring the Success of the SE team.
In the meantime I wanted to share some thoughts on metrics as related to the topic of SE Leadership. I am new to the whole Blogging thing but I am impressed already by its reach and as a data nerd I find the stats behind it pretty interesting. I created two sites, http://hollyhockvineyard.com and http://sethoughts.com and here are some observations:
- The vineyard site has a broad appeal (it is about wine and vineyards) and has had almost 3 times as many views as SE Thoughts
- The SE site has had about 5x more people subscribe to updates. Is that attributable to long term interest or better positioning of the subscribe widget?
- Linkedin.com has led to 10x the number of click throughs vs. my Twitter accounts (@robilium and @hollyhockvines). What does that say about twitter and my 548 followers there?
- Many more people on Facebook like Wine vs. SE stuff 🙂
- About 500 people have visited each site for a total of 1,000 visitors. Depending on your viewpoint that is a lot of people or just a drop in the bucket. To me it is very cool and motivating. That makes me want to see if I can keep the interest up and people returning for more.
- 500 people per topic are about 499 more people than I thought may be interested. Or maybe 498 as I figure my mother in law would have read it as well. I know my lovely wife Julie wouldn’t have read it as she has to listed to me blab about this stuff enough as it is! 🙂
Thanks for visiting and if interested feel free to click the comment button at the top of the post and/or subscribe for updates on the left. Also feel free to comment on what the topic of the next post should be.